These are the Official minutes of the General Assembly of Occupy Toronto / Nathan Phillips Square December 13, 2011
(First time doing the minutes, so here we go)
Facilitators: Jori, Max
Hand signals, anti-oppression (aunti-opression) statement.
1. Occupy TTC-Action-Friday, December 13, 2011, 15:30, Mike Check conversation, St. George Subway, RE: TTC issues/Need more Non-Male participants.
a. Tuesday Meet Sid Smith Library, on the First Floor on the East Side. Sid Smith can be accessed off of St. George, just south of Harbord.
2. Occupy Toronto-Housing Committee, December 15, 2011, 12:00, Potluck/Toy Drive, Nathan Phillips Square around the Christmas tree. (Holiday tree, festive tree, the big tree on the south side near the library)
3. Rebel City partnering with Occupy Toronto and the Ripple Effect, December 15, 2011, 12:00, “FUN” raiser & Celebration, decorating party @ noon, dancing till late, children’s activities, yoga, prayer, dinner, entertainment, music, to raise funds and resources that will help provide, food, shelter, warmth and community for those in need, event and dinner by donation no one turned away for lack of $.
4. Jeff, several occupiers are planning a trip from Toronto to Vancouver, may be in need of some resources, for more info torontocycling@Gmail.com
5. Teresa, helping OT from sidelines, sourcing places to call for a place to sleep, just in case people do not know where to start a search like that, Central Intake, 416-338-4766, 129 Peter St. @ Richmond, walk in, usually full, can refer, better to call Central Intake, Out of The Cold, 416-699-6682, an independent org, Usually have to get there early to secure space.
6. Fred, 1. The Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms guarantees the rights and freedoms set out in it subject only to such reasonable limits prescribed
by law as can be demonstrably justified in a free and democratic society.
2. Everyone has the following fundamental freedoms: (a) freedom of conscience and religion; (b) freedom of thought, belief, opinion and expression, including freedom of the press and other media of communication;(c) freedom of peaceful assembly; and(d) freedom of association.
By being evicted from St. James Park, As a group of Canadians, Our Fundamental Freedoms, Have obviously been Violated. How did we let this happen?
Or even worse, how could we let this happen? We have set a president, The Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms; can be trumped, By a Municipal by Law.
Most Occupations go through the same process, Occupy, retreat, re-organise, and re-occupy.
The exciting news is that Occupy New York, Has announced, Occupation 2.0 To commence December 17, 2011, here is the poster, that you can pass around.
(We had a quorum 30+, but, before you get excited; no Proposals were submitted)
(We stood around, we rapped, and some of us, actually left Nathan Phillips Square, round, quarter 2 three)
!!!!Occupy!!!!yo!!!!life!!!!>>>? (I know)