This historic conference, sponsored by the United National Antiwar Coalition (UNAC), brings together antiwar and social justice activists to challenge U.S. imperial wars abroad and poverty, racism and repression here at home.
It’s time for a massive, united and independent response!
STOP THE WARS AT HOME & ABROAD
Friday, May 8 – Sunday, May 10
Empire Meadows (Clarion) Hotel, Secaucus, NJ (30 min. from NYC)
- Palestinians & Black Lives Matter activists expose U.S.-sponsored systemic racism and state violence in the Middle East and Ferguson.
- The Cuban Five, free at last, greet us by Skype directly from Cuba.
- Current & former political prisoners and their defenders speak out — Lynne Stewart, Mumia Abu-Jamal, Kathy Kelly, Ed Kinane, Aafia Siddiqui, Muslim pre-emptive prisoners, Project SALAM.
- A Tribunal denouncing U.S. criminal acts and the militarization of the police — Hear testimony from family members of victims of police killings, a teacher suspended for allowing students to write to Mumia, Ferguson leaders, victims of attacks on Muslims, and more.
- Hear presenters covering countries where the U.S. wages its endless wars – Ukraine, Honduras, Bolivia, Philippines, Palestine, Syria, Haiti, Iran, Bangladesh, Pakistan, Congo, Venezuela, Yemen, Mali, Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, Somalia…..
- Five panels, 30 workshops, cultural performances, and action resolutions.
Go to the conference website – www.UNACconference2015.org – to register and to see more details. Share/find rides & housing/ask questions on the UNAC Conference Exchange Board. Please give an additional donation to help subsidize young activists attending the conference.
Songs of Liberation is a monthly round-robin gathering during which we raise our voices together (or solo if you wish) chiming forth old and new songs for liberating mother earth, labor, women, and all people from racism and other oppressions. We meet at various locations in the metro-Boston area. For more information contact songs of liberation at 1-617-731-8725. Rise Again, the songbook sequel to Rise Up Singing by Peter Blood and Annie Patterson is being published this year. To pre-order go to www.riseupandsing.org.
Supporters of “Corporations are NOT People: Money is NOT Speech”
House Bill no. H-933, one of the two Bills for a legislative Amendment to the MA Constitution, will be heard by the Joint Judiciary Committee THIS coming Wednesday, at 11 AM; Room B-2
Together, BOTH the MA HOUSE and the MA SENATE bills have 36 co-signers. If your legislator is a co-signer of either of these legislative amendments, please call or write to her/him, asking them to support these bills by attending the hearings.
Bill No H-933 is being heard by the Judiciary Committee this coming Wednesday, April 15th, at the State House Room B-2.
Listing of the Bill to be heard: https://malegislature.gov/Bills/189/House/H933
Composition of the Committee: https://malegislature.gov/Committees/Joint/J19
PassMassAmendment.org ASKS YOU & constituents of the Judiciary Committee Members to contact your legislators, and voice citizen support for the H-933.
SIGN-ON – Write – CALL
IF you can attend Wednesday’s Hearing, FABULOUS!
Please contact passmassamendmentpsa(AT)gmail.com subject: Wednesday Hearing
Senate Docket No SD 1311 is TBA (will be scheduled for a Public Hearing sometime in April) and will be heard by the Elections Committee. Constituents of the Elections Committee Members are encouraged to contact their legislators, and voice citizen support for the Senate Bill – yet to be given a Bill number.
Composition of the Committee: https://malegislature.gov/Committees/Joint/J15
YOU and other constituents who can be present at this yet-to-be-scheduled Hearing, please contact passmassamendmentpsa(AT)gmail.com subject: TBA Hearing
If you are unable to attend the hearings but would like to help out, you can do the following:
- Sign on to our “Statement of Support of H933″ (see below). Just send your full name and town/city to passmassamendmentpsa(AT)gmail.com before 8 p.m. on Tuesday, 4/14.
- Send an email and/or call your state representative and senator and ask them to do what they can to support H_933 in the next couple of days. Go to https://malegislature.gov to look up your legislators’ names, email addresses and/or phone numbers.
- Sample Email and/or Phone Call Script to State Representatives and/or Senators re. H933: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1cTcmANJ61uS4jamwaOA27fKYhKv3exCWeKrI86ZvV1s/edit?usp=sharing.
Supporters planning to speak in favor of the bill or hand in a written statement of support, please contact: passmassamendmentpsa(AT)gmail.com to get on the list of speakers/writers.
Please plan to be at the State House by 10:15 AM if you want to give a brief public statement.
Thank you for taking action to get BIG $$$$$$ OUT of Our Electoral Politics,
Statement of Support for H 933
We the undersigned are writing to communicate our strong support for H 933, “Proposal for a legislative amendment to the Constitution to declare that corporations are not people, money is not speech.” proposed by Representatives Dave Rogers & Paul Mark. Thank you for your consideration.