Over the past week a new occupation has begun at a particularly special place: the sidewalk by Goldman Sachs CEO Lloyd Blankfein’s home.
Occupy Goldman Sachs grew organically after a Global Noise march ended at Blankfein’s stoop at 15 Central Park West. And what a natural location to occupy, considering how Goldman Sachs engaged in some of the worst financial fraud the world has ever seen in the lead up to the 2008 financial crisis.
But despite such blatant lawlessness not a single official of Goldman Sachs has been prosecuted. Rather the corporation was rewarded, receiving more taxpayer funded bailouts than any other investment bank.
Indeed this is a reminder that, as we close in to the 2012 elections, All Roads Lead to Wall Street. Heads they win, tails we lose; whoever wins the presidency there will be a victory party at Goldman Sachs.
Fortunately, through supporting efforts like #OccupyGoldmanSachs, we just might make them have to deal with the 99% in the process.
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/OccupyGoldmanSachs
- Join the party! ( live at http://t.co/T0vfdoJK
- I'm broadcasting OccupyUniverse live on . Come watch and chat! 9:05 PM http://t.co/T0vfdoJK
- The numbers are growing quickly! At least 30 people here tn.. Twice as many as last <3 come down and feel this loooove
- Still making still Having fun while doing massive outreach! Jack and lauren just showed up Come with us http://t.co/roRnzLsB
- New banner! By aislinn and http://t.co/VmSLhDG0
- 3 young ones ask: whats up with ? They say that they came to their school offering internships but didnt tell them all that!
- Food, music, love, laughter in spite of it all http://t.co/1bNDmM3W
- things are ok now. If anything happens it will be tonight
- Everything seems to be fine here at no more police presence. We are still expecting trouble tonight.
- we are at west 61st and broadway. No longer on central park. Only right around the corner.